The Top 5 Plumbing Checks You Should Do Before Buying New Houses
October 7, 2023
Many people are too caught up in the aesthetics, the feeling of moving to a new location and don’t take the time to examine the current problems https://www.sandiegoplumbersv.com/. You can find problems in newly built homes. As a purchaser, you should be curious, ask questions and look at every part of the house. Plumbing issues are most often ignored and can be the most frustrating to deal with when they first appear. Check for these problems when you are looking to buy a home.
1. Leaky Toilets – They say that the bathroom is a place for you to be alone and think. But what if this time is disrupted by an annoying sound from a leaky toilet? Flush the toilet when you’re looking at houses to make sure it’s working properly. If you don’t hear the water running continuously, then it is possible that the flapper or the chain needs to be replaced. The floor near the toilet will feel very soft if it is leaking.
2. Sewage System: Let’s not kid ourselves, sewage system repair can be costly. Therefore, you should make sure it is working properly. You should contact a licensed plumbing professional if there is a lingering smell of sewer. The landlord can tell you when the system was last serviced as well as the frequency required. A licensed plumber can check your sewage system to see if there are any drainage issues.
3. Water heater: A typical water heater has a life expectancy of 10 years. However, this depends on how it is used and maintained. Location of the tank is important, because it can cause damage to the floor or walls if placed near the living room. You can ask a licensed plumber to help you determine how long the water heater will last and whether it is safe. You can contact You’re Connected Pro Plumbing Solutions for heater repairs, maintenance and replacements, along with other plumbing requirements.
4. The Pipes. Leaky pipes can be a real pain and we’re sure that no one would want to deal with them. If you’re looking to buy a house, look for signs such as puddles or corrosion. Assure that your pipes are properly insulated. It will help to prevent various plumbing issues.
5. Drainage: When you visit your new house, flush the toilets, turn on the shower and the faucets. This will allow you to determine whether the drainage system is working properly and whether it has any clogged areas. Do not be blinded by interior design or aesthetics when you buy a property.
You’re Connected Pro Plumbing Solutions, Illawarra can resolve all plumbing problems. This team of plumbers is licensed and certified and offers a variety of plumbing services including roof repairs, maintenance, blocked drainage, water heaters installation, hot water system installations, wastewater treatment and pipe laying.